Thursday, October 24, 2013

Does This Get Easier?

It's been a while. I need to make this blog a habit. Kind of like running. Today I finished up Week 6 (I had to alter it a little due to vacation, but I ran 22 minutes today). I was dying. I ran it faster than the 20 minutes I ran Tuesday, but I felt so much slower. Mentally, I know it will get easier. I know it. But when I am in the middle of running and feeling like I can't go on, I don't see how it will. I'm hoping in a few months I will look back at this and think "man, I used to struggle running 20 minutes!"

In other news, I signed up for Hood to Coast 2014. I'm a bit terrified but I have 302 days (and a half marathon) to prepare. For those not familiar, Hood to Coast is considered "The Mother of all Relays," and is the largest relay race in the world. 12 Runners per team, 2 vans, 198 miles. Each runner runs 3 Legs. It'll be tough, but it will be fun. I was waffling on whether I wanted to do it or not but then thought it's a once in a lifetime opportunity so I decided to jump on it.

I also signed up for ORRC's 10K Running Series - it's 6 10Ks in 2014. It will keep me going on my half marathon training. The only thing left that I need to sign up for is the 15K Shamrock Run in March. 

No comments:

Post a Comment