Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Rain and Plans

Ran yesterday (9/16) in the rain. Pouring, shirt soaking rain. It was lovely. I would run in the rain any day over running in heat or humidity.  Especially at the (small) distance I ran. I walked a half marathon last year in the pouring rain in cotton socks that got soaked and I had the worst blisters ever, my feet still haven't fully recovered. Lessons learned.

I have scheduled out runs for almost a year. One a month. I am super stoked because I wrote out every training run from now until March 15th and it coincides perfectly with the Shamrock Run 15K I want to do. Granted, I may not follow the schedule to the letter but I'll still be in good shape to run the 9.3 miles (literally and figuratively).

I also decided (I think!) to run in The Bald Peak Half Marathon on June 21st. I'm nervous and excited and nervous all over again. Haha. Thanks to some encouragement, I think I can be prepared, just have to keep with it.

Here's what my Race schedule is going to (hopefully) look like:
September 22, 2013 - Sellwood 5k (walk with my sister) (**REGISTERED**)
October 20, 2013 - Pier Park 5k (Run) (**REGISTERED**)
November 28, 2013 - West Linn Turkey Trot (4 miles) (Registration not open yet)
December 14, 2013 - Ugly Sweater 5k (**REGISTERED**)
January 2014 - TBD
February 2014 - TBD
March 15, 2014 - Shamrock Run 15k (Need to Register)
April 13, 2014 - Race for the Roses 10k (Need to Register)
May 10, 2014 - Oregon Dunes Duathlon - 25 Mile Bike Ride followed by a 10k (Need to Register)
June 21, 2014 - The Bald Peak Half Marathon (Need to Register)

In July or August I would like to do another Duathlon. We shall see! Hopefully no injuries derail me. Here's to training and being in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment